Bright Beginnings Teen Prevention Program
Pregnant teens and teens with children up to age 5, who live within our targeted zip codes and are experiencing stressful life situations, are offered our services to make a better life for their children. Our family support workers build a relationship with the teens and are invited into their homes to encourage optimal child development.
Bright Beginnings’ Family Support Workers:
- Promote health and well-being of mother and child, both prenatally and after the child is born.
- Teach and Model effective parent and child interaction to encourage strong bonding, attachment and stimulation that enhances child development.
- Teach and Model stimulation for optimal developmental growth, including brain development, through the “Growing Great Kids” curriculum.
- Teach child safety and injury prevention.
- Teach and Model effective parenting skills for each stage of early childhood.
- Enhance parents’ problem-solving skills.
- Prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Support parents and enhance access to other health and family support services.
- Encourage family stabilization, growth and success through goal setting and achievement.
Bright Beginnings influence in this part of Hillsborough County has helped change the lives of hundreds of families. Bright Beginnings Teen Prevention Program contributes to the reduction of child neglect and the prevention of child abuse. The girls that we serve, aged 12 to 19, are well below the national level for subsequent pregnancies and continue to praise our efforts.
The Bright Beginnings Teen Prevention Program is funded locally, by The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County.
Click here to read Success Stories from this program.